Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have been accussed someones money from his

Customer Question

hi, I have been accussed for taking someones money from his account fraudulently. and civil police has came to my house with a search warrant about me but I wasn't at home. I was planning to go back to my country permanently within week time. will I be in trouble at airport when I will fly back to my country as planned. and about the fraud I have no idea, I lend some money to my friend and he meant to give it back by bank transfer. so when he confirmed that he transferred money I bought some euros for my next holiday plan. please give me some advise bcz I m getting really ill. thanks in advance
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: not in my concern
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
Hello have you been charged with anything?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I m not sure, just three police in civil dress came to search me but i wasn't at home. they told to my friend that I have taken money from someones account fraudulently.
I m worried about that I have gotta travel to my country within week.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
one more thing to mention that they had my photo from my driving license with them
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
Were you arrested?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
nope
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.
Have they asked you to make contact?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no, I wasn't at home when they came so I didn't talk to them. and they haven't left any message for me apart from the search warrant copy.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.
Ok. Are you asking if you should make arrangements to hand yourself in?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have planned a holiday already, so I want to know that can I leave uk to my holiday and then come back and deal with this?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.
You are not subject to bail conditions so you can leave the country. The only issue is that if a warrant for your arrest does exist then you may be stopped at the airport. A safer option might be to make an appointment to attend voluntarily after your holiday. They might not agree to do that so you are taking a risk. It depends on your community ties to this jurisdiction and also upon your history of compliance with the Bail Act but it is a lot safer than just trying to leave and taking the risk of arrest at the airport. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is there anyway that I can check if there is any arrest warrant exist or not??
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.
Only for certain by handing yourself in which is not a good idea.You will have to do that in the long run but they will just arrest you immediately if you do that and a warrant exists.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
okay thanks. I think that's all I wanted to know.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.
No problem. All the best.Please remember to rate my answer.