Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.

How can I obtain an Anti-Terrorism / Money Lauder Certificate?

Customer Question

JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I have not... I was told that if I get the Anti-terrorist and Anti-Mondy Laundering Certificate that I be on my way home.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: A friend of mine came to work in Saudi Arabia which I have no idea. He asked that I come to the UAE and picked up some package for him. When I got here it was deliver of $8 M dollars in a safe box. I was given a code and the key to open the safe. The safe was contaminate with some sort of chemical. This was carry by a diplomat from the UK. I was told to pay $26,500 for custom un-inspection. I did pay that to. The $8M was taken to the Central Bank of Dubai for the serialization. They came back/Madam state that it was going to cost me $92K to Serialization. I didn't have the money so I offer to $10,250 for do $1 Million so I would have the fund to do the last $7M. Madam proposal that I come up with $46K and she will proposal to the Director of US Treasury with the Diplomat Passport on hold and letter of recommendation by Madam. The Director of US Treasury turn it down and have asked for the full-amount. I question madam that if the US Treasury Director had turned down her offer, would it be kindly the fund return back to me. She say that if she request the fund to return back to me, then the investigation start process against me. I am in a country where I don't know anything and I got scare. So I pay of the $46K so the total of $92K. Before the full amount pay, I asked the Diplomat and Madam that is this the last fee? They both say Yes... and there will be no mor fee. The serialization process had completed in 4 hours and I was suppose to get the $8 Millions. The diplomat stated that the Central Bank of Dubai want to know if I have a Anti-Terrorist/Lauder Money Certificate. So now the Diplomat stated because I don't have that certificate, he will try to help. He flew out to Moscut, Omen, but the client there decided not to help with his certificate. Now he is flying to the UK, he believes that he has one there so he can bring it to the UAE to help me out. So now I am looking for way to understand this process and I am so puzzle.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: The Diplomat told me to stay here and be patient and he will return from UK tomorrow...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.
Have you been asked to pay money for this certificate by any chance?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no, the diplomat say that he will find one for me.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.
At a cost to you?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He stated he will give me one.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.
Yes, in exchange for money?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
with no charge.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.
You might want to have a look here This is a well known scam and this exchange has all of it's hallmarks. Don't get involved with this. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Right now I don't have the fund now...
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.
I'm not sure what you mean?