Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

Someone has told baseless untruths about me to a third party.

Customer Question

JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: It is from someone who I tool to court last year and they settled out of court before we sat before the judge. They have today, sent an email to someone with complete lies about this, stating that I was charged with contempt of court in relation to an attack on his girlfriend, which is nothing I know about and was not even mentioned in the original court proceedings and is completely new to me.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I do not believe this is defamation as it was a private email which I have been made aware of, I am just wanting to ascertain if it is possible to do anything further to stop this other person from spreading untruths and misinformation about me, or the case.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can I just check. Is it ok for someone to make such false statements about me to a third party. It is 100% untrue and I am not at all happy about them doing this. Here is their email:
"As you should be aware, Marie Anson and others have been formally charge with contempt of court after giving false and misleading information to the court about the attack on my partner. This attack was committed at a time it was know by said parties I was attending a wedding, and as such the police have strongly advice that any schedule for future events are no longer release to any third parties."
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I took this individual to court last year. This was because they did some pretty unpleasant things to me to sabotage my business. I spent considerable money bringing this to court, then at the 11th hour their solicitor came forward with a settlement offer.