Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

Pearl, I have been issued a section 21, the new form 6a.

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have been issued a section 21, the new form 6a. The tenancy predates oct 1st 2015 changes, so 6a was not required. However the requirements for form 6a have not been met: specifically the guide to renting brochure.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: Not off hand. Is the Section 21 (form 6a) valid?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Please can you tell me more about your situation so that I can assist you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How much more do I need to say? This is a question on UK property law.In full, I was issued a Section 21 notice to vacate the property about 7 weeks ago. The notice expires on May 10, about 1 week.My tenancy started 11 april 2015, before significant changes in place oct 1 2015. The form issued to me is the new form 6a, compulsory for all tenancies formed from oct 1st. For tenancies prior to oct 1st, the old Section 21 procedure could be used, however the letting agent has opted to use the new form.If using the new form 6a, must they comply with the requirements listed by that form, specifically:(2) The information is the version of the document entitled “How to rent: the checklist for renting in England”, as published by the Department for Communities and Local Government, that has effect for the time being.Guidance on use of the form says the form should NOT be used if that prescribed information is supplied.I have a lot of questions.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That brochure has never been provided, though most else has been.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, perhaps I can be clearer.What is your question about this please?