Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have a question! Me and my wife we stayed at a hotel on friday JA:

Customer Question

I have a question! Me and my wife we stayed at a hotel on friday
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: We stayed at the hotel and we vomited from food poisoning as we checked out and payed for the room after when i went to see my bank account i saw charges of 500 pounds. The hotel didnt inform me at all without sending me a bill.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: Plus now after the final 500 they want me to pay the carpet change.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon. Thank you for the question.I need some more information from you please. Are theycharging for cleaning the vomit?Did they simply take this money from the card withoutauthorisation because it was the same card that you paid for the hotel roomwith?Was it a debit card or credit card?Was the food poisoning caused by the hotel and if so, whatproof do you have of that?Did you eat anywhere else other than the hotel?Were you both inflicted?As much background detail as possible is really usefulplease and also, what do you want to know about this?