Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

My name is ***** ***** in the uk. I have a friend who came

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** in the uk. I have a friend who came to the uk legally with a visitor visa. Her visa expired and she does not want to go back to her country, fortunately her dad also lives in the uk and her dad is already a British citizen but they bear different surname. In order for her to stay in the country she got married to her dad some years back. The problem now is that my friend has a younger sister who is also a British citizen and got married to an African man but they havING problems in their marriage as the guy is not treating her right. Because of this my friend younger sister's decided to seek for divorce in order to move on with her life. When my friend sister's husband found out about the divorce he started threaten her wife and my friend, saying he will expose what my friend did in order to remain in the country by getting married to her father to relevant authorities. But then my friend sister's husband only know what his wife told him and don't have any document to back it up. Not sure if he will have any recordings maybe when my friend sister's was telling him about it, as I don't think he would have forsee the divorce. I will like to know if the threat should be taken seriously and if my friend younger sister should continue with the divorce?
Regards
Cindy
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 7 months ago.
Let me see if I can help and please rate positiveI am not convinced from what you have written that she would have anything to worry about. There is no evidence and even if there was it doesn't really assist anyone. The Home Office would be more concerned (if at all) about the friend's husband. Happy to discuss but please rate positive.
I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Do you have any further questions? Can you please rate positive - this is how the service works.