Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
13262538

I need to remove my ex husbands name off the house deeds he

Customer Question

I need to remove my ex husbands name off the house deeds he left 16j years ago and there has been no trace of him since
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes theu have not been very helpful . Some one is lending me the money to pay pff the remaining mortgage so it is only the deeds.
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: Only that he is not traceable. He owes me £ 54000 in child maintenence
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 7 months ago.
do you have any contact details for the ex
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is***** shall dd my best to help you but I need some further informtaion firstWhen was your Decree Absolute granted and what if any financial Order was made by the court at the time?How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?Have you remarried?