Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Im in an awful mess. I am expected to testify against my

Customer Question

Hi, Im in an awful mess. I am expected to testify against my partner on Wednesday. I do not want to. He is being remanded in custody because he has had a breakdown because of the bail conditions that hae been imposed on him by the courts that have went on for 5 months now. we were due to be married on June 10th 2016.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no not yet, I was told because I am a witness in this case i do not need a lawyer
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the can help you best. I can help you talk to the lawyer. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. How can we help?
Customer: well, an incident took place a way back in January 2016. We were arguing in the car and I took a panic attack at the wheel. My partner had just had major surgery and refused to take his morphine. He was ill with pain. Anyway, it progressed to the point whereby I got out the car and started running up the hill...only for him to chase me, take my car keys and drive off!!
JA: OK. The lawyer will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I had to call a neighbour to come and collect me because I was not sure if he would come back for me...the neighbour persuaded me to call teh police which i did...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 months ago.
Goodafternoon. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you withthis today. What hashe been charged with and what exactly you want to know about this? As muchbackground detail as possible is really useful please. Thank you