Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

My son was arrested in Aug 2015 and was released on conditional

Customer Question

Hi. My son was arrested in Aug 2015 and was released on conditional bail to appear back at the polic station in Feb 2016. He did, and they re-bailed him again to appear today. Again, he did and they have re-bailed him a third time to appear in July. Is there any limits to how many time or how long they can keep doing this?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Well he was given a duty lawyer when he was first arrested, who wasnt very helpful at all...she basically told him to admit to everything and that even included some things he hadnt actually done....but because he had only just turned 18 and was quite scared and shocked by the whole experience, he did what she told him to he has not spoken to her since.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Well she was not interested in listening to the two sides of the issue involved, just what he was accused of. There are obviously two sides to every story but she only sided with telling him to admit to it...not how he came to be in that situation.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.Is your question simply about how many times they can re-bail him before there is a trial?What was he charged with? Can we have all the background details please?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 5 months ago.
Goodmorning. Can I assist you any further with this?