Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I Have speeding ticket i need help with JA: Dealing with a

Customer Question

I Have speeding ticket i need help with
JA: Dealing with a traffic incident can be frustrating, but getting the right information is crucial. Fortunately, the attorneys you'll meet here have a lot of experience with this, and it would be my pleasure to match you with the best fit. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have provided the details of the driver
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: which i cant get hold of him now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
HII have been given speeding ticket and i provided the details of the driver who provided his details in first instanse now he has moved from that address and i cant get hold of him ,Only other address i am aware of him is back home .
Now i have received the ticket back on my name again asking me to provide my relationship to him and when he entered into the country when he left and insurance policy he was driving under .Which i dont have any info
could you please advise
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need to respond back by 28th .I have been sent one form which ask the details i have provided including my driving license details .
Other form came with it is the same u receive first time if u were the driver fill in and if someone else was driving it fill section 2nd.
regards
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
Ok. But what is your question about this please?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need advise what shall i do as i dont have the relavent information they are asking me now
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what shall i be filling in where it says when he entered into this country and when he left and insurance policy he had .I even dont know his where abouts if he has left the country or still in uk
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
You can only tell the truth in a situation such as this. I'm afraid that they do not believe that this person exists. This is a very common to scan to avoid penalty points in the UK. People claim that a third party was driving who has left the country in an attempt to escape the addition of points to their licence. The police are quite well aware of it and are cracking down upon it. That of course does not mean that it is never to say that another person was driving who has left the UK but it does raise suspicion. I'm afraid that the risk you face is of being prosecuted for perverting so it is in your interests to give as much information as you can. Of course you won't know his exact whereabouts but as much detail as you can provide would be helpful. You should be able to prove his insurance status as he would surely have been covered by your insurance or you would not have let him drive. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
So can i fill in the form and provide my detail now as i will not be able to proof and dont hold any insuance which let other person to drive
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
Did he have insurance? Did you see it?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have not asked for it
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I provided his uk address where he was living and he replied back with his details now that house is vacant and i am not able to get hold of him .Thats the only reason i provided the overseas address bcz thats the only other address i knew of .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
They may charge you with allowing no insurance they that that is the least of your worries really. I would try to find as much information as you can about him as you do not want to be charged with perverting.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
So in thats letter .when he entered the country which i dont know .When he left i dont know if he has left .Insurance policy i have not asked for it .And underneath i added my driving license number and signed thats what they asked for is there anythig else i should mention
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
As the matter is not the court yet how can i get this resolved without court proceedings .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
Well, there are no magic wands really. They will probably suspect this is not a genuine declaration on your part. All you can really do now is manage the risks. If you can lead them to this person then probably that will be the end of the matter.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thanks what if i cant find that person in due course.Will i be getting points and fine and anyother thing
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
not if they prosecute you for perverting the course of justice I'm afraid. If you are convicted then that will lead to custody.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did receive other form which i mentioned can i provide my details there and send it off
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can u suggest what i can do in this situation please
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
Well, really only one I've said which is to give them as much information as you can to identify him.There are no other ways of escaping the situation that you are in.If he was the driver then you had to name him.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thanks for ur help
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
No problem and all the best. Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
HI
Can i change the nomitaion and provide my detail .As in that form it says if wish to change the nomination you can do that in the overleaf form attached .
Can u please also let me know id it confidential support u r providing not published anywhere on the site .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
But surely you weren't the driver?I will be happy to continue with this but please rate my answer.