Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I bought my house before I got married, and it is in my sole

Customer Question

I bought my house before I got married, and it is in my sole name. My wife has never contributed, but we have 1 Child and married 6 years ago.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Is she entitled to a share of the house
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: she went on holidays outside UK 1year ago with our child, It seems she wanted a divorce now. I do not intend to let her in even if she comes back now. My name is Joe.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 months ago.
Good eveningJoe. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this. Ineed some more information from you please. How long wereyou together before you got married? When did youbuy the house? What is therelevance of your wife going on holiday outside the UK a year ago? Did shenever come back? When you sayyou have no intention of letting her in, do you mean the house? Does yourwife have British citizenship? As muchdetail as possible is really useful please. Thank you
Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 months ago.
Good evening. Can you assist you any further with this?