Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I put a harassment warning on me ex can I remove it or not

Customer Question

Hi I put a harassment warning on me ex can I remove it or not
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Hi I put a harassment warning on my ex and its in place but can it be removed or not
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: We had a big fight got out of hand and now he explain he was going through alot with cancer and we want to fix things
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: That we have kids together and I wish I never did it now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 7 months ago.
Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.Presently, there is no process available to have the warning removed. All a harassment warning is is a note to say that he has been spoken to and acknowledge that further instances of such behaviour may constitute harassment. This does not stop you from letting him speak to you or seeing you again. You can get back together immediately if that is what you want, even with the notice. I hope that this helps. Please rate positive.
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.
Just to add assuming that it is just the police warning you can write a letter confirming that you acknowledge that the warning was not necessary - and your ex can keep itIf there is a Court order the position is differenet
My colleague is of course right, but neither prevent you from commencing your relationship again. I hope that this helps. Please rate positive.Thanks