Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

Pearl JA: How can we help? Customer: I have to make

Customer Question

Hello Pearl
JA: How can we help?
Customer: I have to make a claim against someone who owes me money, they are in Isreal, I have to file an n1 claim and also a n510, I am not sure which box of the n510 to tick
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no I am trying to do it without one
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: In 2011 August I loaned Jaron Davis of Israel £1500 this money was transferred to his UK bank account (bacs cost £0.80), I also purchased for him a computer screen (£41.95) and sent it to him in Israel (£17.40). He refused to return this money In November 2011 because he asked me to restore 3 antique globes, and when part of one was lost by Federal Express he cited me as being paid Baillee. I was not a Paid Baillee but an Un-Paid Bailee who allowed him to use my Federal Express account with no financial gain on their charges. He also has not paid for the restoration costs for the three globes ( £350 and £60 and £675) and the packing charges (£30) and also the federal express shipping charges (£86 and £227) total £2,928.75Less £640 compensation from Federal Express for lost parcel.Total claimed £2,288.75I also claim 8% interest ( 8% per annum under section 69 County Courts act 1984 ) since November 15th 2011. £808.68Total claimed: £3097.43
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: well what do you hope to get from your time?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am expecting an answer to the above, there are several options and it has to be correct!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you confirm you will debit my card( if your answer is satisfactory ) for a one off payment of £33 - there will be no monthly subscription after this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PPS. my email is***@******.*** NOT***@******.***
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
James, That is straight forward. What is your specific question and I will answer it for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thomas I need to know which boxes in the n510 to fill inwhich box in part 1 do I tick and of this what parts do I deletewhich box in part 2 do I tick and what p[art of this do I delete
James, You do not complete any of Part 1 - it does not relate to your application. In Part 2 - you tick this box only - In proceedings to which CPR 6.33(1)(a) and 6.33(1)(b)(ii) apply, the statement is:“I state that each claim made against the defendant to be served and included in the claim form is a claim which the court has power to determine under [the Civil Jurisdiction and Judgments Act 1982] or [the Lugano Convention] and(a) no proceedings between the parties concerning the same claim are pending in the courts of any other part of the United Kingdom or any other Convention territory; and(b) the proceedings are within [article 16 of Schedule 1 to the said Act] or [article 22 of the said Convention].” Please rate positive. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you why are you asking for £43 when I signed up believing I was paying £3 and the £30 if I received information of merit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PS why is it not the 4th box down where it asks what country the defendant is domiciled in?
I do not control the question of costs. I just provide question answers and that works on the basis of you giving a merit rating.
for the answer. Hence the request for you to rate positive.
Can you please rate positive for my answer. Thanks