Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I was given a phone i assumed was my old one and put it

Customer Question

Hi i was given a phone i assumed was my old one and put it in my bag. I didnt realise it was someone elses till weeks later when thinking it was my old one however cctv has been realised and shows me in the area of the time it was lost. A secuirty guard gave me it as i thought was mine. I returned the phone when the pics were relaised and given a caution. Its my first offence. Its been sent to a panel to review
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Im worried about this. It was not intentional to keep the phone as thought it was my old one. I have a galaxy s4 this was a galaxy s5 same colour. Basically the phones owner left it at a self checkout i was at one next to it i left the shop. A guard picked the phone up instead of keeping it till claimed and ran out. I sometimes have my bag open so assumed it fell out put in pocket then in bag and left there. 4 weeks later cctv from stores plastered over a local paper with me in. The phones been on my bag and when saw it i handed myself and the phone in. I did thonk it was my old phone and threw the old sim card out. But it was the orginal sim card with the phone. Its also a first time in trouble with police.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
Hello what questions do you have about this?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As a first offence and not being in trouble before what do you think will occur plus i returned the phone once i saw my pic in the papers . i did keep it on my bag till clearing some things out i should have took it in there and then but kind of forgot though others may see this as me trying to keep the phone.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
I thought you had already received a caution?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No havent. This is first offence. I dont want to use yr services found a uk based lawyer thanks.please take no money.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 10 months ago.
Good afternoon. I see that the previous expert has opted out. I am a UK-based lawyer. It’s just that the site is administered in the United States, we are all based around and about the UK in a variety of geographical locations.Do you still want a reply to this?