Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

I received a caution of a class a in 2012

Customer Question

Hi I received a caution for possession of a class a in 2012 it was not mine and I wasn't the one in possession I was in a group of 3 so we were all arrested took to the station where I tested positive for it in my system I was then told by the police if you just accept a caution there will be no further action so I did just that as I was petrified I could end up in court all I had to do was sign and attend a drug rehabilitation course a few days later. Where he agreed I did not have a drug problem so no further action required. However with this being on my record I'm finding it very hard to gain employment in the role I'm going for. Can I request this to be removed or something?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.
Hi did you try and challenge it at the time?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I tried and tried but they just said this is your best option as I have never had any trouble with police in the past so I was scared and wanted out of there asap