Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I bought a kitchen which was fitted by my fitter. the supplier

Customer Question

I bought a kitchen which was fitted by my fitter. the supplier has provided some unfinished panel.
Secondly the measurement for the kitchen was taken the company's designer and produced a 3D image of the kitchen and we were ready to buy. At this stage the designer told me that he was not a qualified surveyor and that I had to get my fitter to check the measurement before placing the order. My fitter checked the the drawing and said that the number of units ordered will fit in the kitchen. When I went to place the order the shop got me to sign responsibility waiver whereby if any thing went wrong they would has no responsibility of putting it right.
Things did go wrong. they supplied two units instead of tow doors for my extractor fan. the designer got his measurement wrong and we ended up with a 400 unit instead of a 600unit. I needed 9 inch cornice and the supplied 6inch cornice.
Now they are saying the it has nothing to do with them as I have signed the responsibility waiver. At first they refused to take the wrong bit away and give a refund. After much toing and froing the agreed to take it away and refund the value of the returned items. Then they wrote back to say that they will not do any refund but take those items as a gesture of good will.
Have I lost all rights in this matter and where is after sale customer service. Please help.
Mr B. Gopaul
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.
When did you buy?