Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Am I a sitting tenant have been in house years, my father

Customer Question

Am I a sitting tenant have been in house for 15 years, my father paid rent to his business who own the house, he is now dead and my brother is trying to get me to osy rent, I am in my 60's..and had always been told i could live there rent free
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: i dolt think so
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
Good evening. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this.Please bear with me over the weekend because I will be online and off-line spasmodically therefore I may not get back to you immediately. I will be online some time each day.Could you please explain your situation in more detail?What proof do you have your father said that you could live there rent free?How long were supposed to live there rent free for?Why did your father allow you to live in the property rent-free?As much background detail as possible is really useful please. Thank you
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. This thread is still open. Can I assist you any further with the question?Kind regards