Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

We have just moved into our new house and the neighbours toilet

Customer Question

We have just moved into our new house and the neighbours toilet window is half on their side and half on our side of the boundary line and i want to put a fence up between the two boundaries. If i do this the fence post will be in the centre of the window and will also stop them from opening it. The window has been there for more than 5 years. Can i put the fence up?
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: No thank you.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 months ago.
I’m just wondering how the window can be half on one side of the boundary and half on the other if it’s all of their window? Is the centre line between the two houses and the centre line between the two outside areas not the same? Is there an effect, a dog leg? You say the window has been there for more than 5 years. Estimate how many years? When the window opens, is it going to open over your land or the neighbour’s land or both? A sketch of the layout would be really useful please because I’m not quite understanding how that is.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 months ago.
Good morning. This thread is still open. Can I assist you any further with the question?Kind regards