Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

We have signed a document as we were led to believe it

Customer Question

Hi, we have signed a document as we were led to believe it was for a free directory for a show we had exhibited at. We were shocked when we received an invoice from a company in Portugal claiminy 1,313.00 Euros per annum over three years. I person who completed the document is no longer with the company. I have written to the company saying we feel we were misled. however they are now demanding payment. Regards ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hi, we have signed a document as we were led to believe it was for a free directory for a show we had exhibited at. We were shocked when we received an invoice from a company in Portugal claiminy 1,313.00 Euros per annum over three years. I person who completed the document is no longer with the company. I have written to the company saying we feel we were misled. however they are now demanding payment.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. What were you told that led you to believe this free? Do you have this confirmed in writing?