Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

Pat, I am being prosecuted by the local council for

Customer Question

Pat, I am being prosecuted for fraud by the local council for obtaining social housing
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was living with a partner, we split up and I had no where to live. Stayed on friends sofa for a week or so and then a hotel. I was previously registered with the local council however they said that they couldn't help me. another friend gave me £2000 to rent privately which I had looked at previously. I then moved into a private rented flat for three months but didn't tell the local council this. During this time I bid for a one bedroom flat and got it so ended the tenancy at the private flat and moved into the council flat. They are saying I have committed fraud for not telling them about the private rented flat
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I’m not certain what you’re asking, because there is nothing wrong with renting a flat privately. What are they alleging exactly? As much background detail as possible is really useful please. What exactly is it that you want to know about this?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.
Can I assist you any further with this?