Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
13262538

I am trying to obtain a legal document which clearly demonstartes

Customer Question

I am trying to obtain a legal document which clearly demonstartes that my wife is the main carer for her two children. I have a Statement of Arrangement document which states this, is this a legally binding document ?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am working and living in Qatar, I am in the process of securing a family visa. A part of this process, as I have a step son who lives with us in Qatar is to provide evidence that my wife is the main parent and has the authorization to bring Ethan to qatar to live and be educated.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: I have an Arrangement of Children document, but Qatar immigration want something more clear, which demonstrates Hayley my wife has care of Ethan her son. The father has provided a non obligatory letter stating he is happy for Ethan to live and be educated, Qatar accept this but not the arrangement for children document. Also they will not state specifically what legal document they require ?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
HiThank you for your question My name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Will they not accept the agreement of the father
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes the non obligatory letter is ok, but its the Statement of Arrangement for Children document which is the issue, they said is not clear ? and I need an additional legal document which demonstrates this ?
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
So the fact that BOTH parents agree is not sufficient?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No this is non sufficient - there needs to be some legal document which demonstrates this
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
In that case the only option is for your wife to obtain a Consent Order confirming that the child lives with her and she has permission to take him to QatarThis will involve her and her ex attending Family Mediation who can then certify that the Order is made by Consent and it can then be sent to the Court for sealing.This assumes that the child is under 16.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare