Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

Inane received a court judgement declined cheque tax and also not having a

Customer Question

Inane received a court judgement for a declined cheque for road tax and also not having a licence to drive a 7.5 ton vehicle I have moved home and did not receive the court date and it was heard in my abcence this was in 2013 I thought I had rand up dvla and paid over phone by card to replace the cheque and I do have and have had a class 1 license for 37 years so drive Hgv for my job I have just been approached by bailiffs at my new address for this debt which is 1500.00 what should I do don't really want to pay but should I and try to contest it after thanks ***** *****
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you?How has 1500 been calculated?How much was the tax?How did it manage to get to court?Didn’t you get the court papers? I need full background please. Thanks
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. Good afternoon. Can I assist you any further with this or have you now resolve the issue?