Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience

I have an non molestion order served on me after numerous

Customer Question

Hi I have an non molestion order served on me after numerous attempts to contact a certain solicitor , having sent all the irrelevant details I have no response and now in court tommorrow , this from my daughter , every thing she has said is lies , and I can prove via tex messages proof of where I was etc etc , also threading messages from her boyfriend , this is the second time she has had the police on me from complete fabricated stories like last time nobody not the police wants to hear my side of things , she is 18 with child , this is all about her boyfriend pulling the strings . Made my own statement of truth can I submit that in court I really don't know what to expect
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.

Good evening. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this.

I need some more information from you please. I will be off-line shortly until tomorrow but will pick this up then.

How old is your daughter? What has been alleged? Why would your daughter lie?

How will the text messages prove where you are because there is no geographical location of them?

You mention the police but a non-molestation order. Have you breached the non-molestation order? Was it an interim order or a full order?

Do you mean that you say that the police do not want to hear your side of things? That’s not clear?

What exactly is the court hearing for tomorrow and I can tell you a bit more about it?

As much background detail as possible would be year really useful please. Thank you

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 6 months ago.

The hearing tomorrow will be a first appointment (or return date) from what you have written. It is usually only listed for a period of 30 minutes. You can either agree to the continuation of the non molestation order or you can ask the court to list the matter for a contested hearing. You would in preparation of the contested hearing be able to file and serve your own evidence (statement). There is an excellent book on amazon which explains the process - - for about a tenner. I hope this explains things. Any further questions then please do not hesitate to ask.