Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice

I want to find out what the definition of a "month" is in

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I want to find out what the definition of a "month" is in relation to a county court judgement
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I was issued a county court judgement in default for rent arrears
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: the date on the ccj(in default) was 2 March 2016
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 months ago.

Good evening. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

A calendar month is obviously the month on the calendar under lunar month is 28 days. (4 weeks). The old Common Law adopted the lunar month but, the Interpretation Act in 1978 change that and gave a statutory definition that the word is presumed to mean a calendar month unless it specifies otherwise.

If it is meant to be a number of days (4 weeks/lunar month) it is always expressed as 28 days.

I don’t know if this is the answer you wanted or not but can I answer any specific points arising from this?

Please do not forget to rate my answer service positively so that I get credit for my time today. Although you may get the impression that the thread closes after rating it does not, it stays open and you can follow up any points that you wish.

Thank you once again to your question.

Kind regards

Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 months ago.

Can I assist any further with this?

Please do not forget to use the rating service so that I get credit for my time today. The thread does not close even though you may get the impression it does, it remains open after rating. We can then follow up on any points which need clarification.

Kind regards.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. Good afternoon. Can I assist you any further with this or have you now resolve the issue?