Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I 't really know if you can, my partner was groomed when she

Customer Question

i don't really know if you can, my partner was groomed when she was 16years old by a man who was 32 years old, he got her to keep there secret because he was married, he was in and out of her life and then even managed to get her to leave her husband to have a baby with him, she since left him, he has now taken her to court to see the child but really its to see her! we managed to get the police to issue him with a harassment letter and to stop any form of contact, however he is using the child (no proof of this) to harass my partner and make her life hell! she is crying, worried and boardering on suicide because of this man, she has emails that have been kept but not from her younger years, one of the emails even confirms he's loved her since she was 16 years old! I need this person to stop and leave her alone! I don't want to stop him seeing his child but I don't want her in the state she is! we have gone to court in regards ***** ***** seeing his son and that is due to finish soon but there is more to come! what can I do (or anyone as she feels that no one can do anything to help her) and she is convinced he wont go away and is going to ruin her life even more.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 8 months ago.

Good evening. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this.

How old is your partner now? How old is the child?

The police have already issued a harassment warning, have you been back to the police?

How is he harassing your partner now? You say you have no proof of this, why? Does she have emails sent recently?

I know this might sound an obvious question but I do have to ask. Has she actually asked him to stop emailing and contacting her directly about anything other than to arrange child contact?

As much background detail as possible is really useful please. Thank you