Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience

My names vicky, my issue is regarding my ex being violent

Customer Question

hi my names vicky
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my issue is regarding my ex being violent and abusive to me and theres an impending case , hes called me several times which he is not supposed to and recorded several converstions and now is harrassing me my question is can he use these recordings in court , i didnt give permission and hes twisting things that hes said
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 7 months ago.

is this a family or criminal case and what is the question>

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
im not sure hes basically been mentally abusing me at home then now we are split up my ex calls me and records stuff he says to use against me and now hes blackmailing me about it saying im a bad mum i just wondered how this would hold up in court if he wanted to use the recordings i didnt know were being recorded ,

The court would very much see the recordings (if they allowed them) in context. The simple fact from what you state is that he should not be contacting you. The court would be much more concerned about the fact that he is thus contacting you. Any recording would have limited merit and would have to be considered (if it was allowed at all) in full and in context. Happy to discuss but please rate positive,

Do you have any additional questions?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Wat do u mean by in full and in context ?

They would want to hear the full recording so that they could understand it - he would not be able to just cherry pick the best bits out of context from his perspective. I hope that is clearer. Please rate positive. Thanks

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you