Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

My wife is a director of a company and 50% shareholder, she

Customer Question

My wife is a director of a company and 50% shareholder, she has a partner who is also a director of the same company but her husband is a shareholder for tax evading purposes. Her husband is constantly overriding her instructions toward staff and has been speaking to her in a disrespectful and appalling manner. He even stood up out of his chair whilst she was sitting, pointed his finger at her and yelled at her telling her she was the cause of things going wrong, she was giving the business a bad name, and that basically she was the overall problem for anything that goes wrong in the business. Does he have any right to do any of this ?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not as yet but as you could imagine it has caused such trauma especially with me as like any husband I would like to handle this in a much simpler and more Neanderthal manner, but I would no good to my wife in goal so I swallow my pride every five seconds. I despise this p.o.s
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Many more explicit details with regards ***** ***** disdainful behaviour and other things that have been said. Just quickly, my wife is the brains behind the business. The idea, the concept e.t.c but we also needed to partner with these people to make it happen, and thus partnership did not involve us needing their money. In fact, we have contributed
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Do they have a shareholders agreement? Does the company have any assets?