Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

Iv just moved into a semi detatched bungalow where the

Customer Question

iv just moved into a semi detatched bungalow where the bungalow next door has a rear extention on the back, the extention is mainly glass with a flat roof,no problem there ,but on the fence line there is an opening window and the whole side of the extention is clear glass, this looks straight into my bedroom . i would like to put up my own extention that would mirror the size of hers 6mtrs x 2.5mtrs, but put a solid cavity full hight brick wall infront of her windows will i have a problem this would form part of my building.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 months ago.

Good morning. Thank you for thequestion. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I apologise for thedelay.

I need some more information from youplease.

How long has the extension been therefor?

Have you seen next door’stitle deeds and have you looked at your own title deeds and is there anymention of the right to light?

You mention the opening window, doesthis open over the fence and onto your side?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. Can I assist you any further with this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry I don't want to continue with this as I waited to long for a reply and now find it has cost me £48 for no information at all not even basic building regs answers.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.

If you are not happy with the service, you can email admin/customer services and ask for a refund.