Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Is a company within their right to refuse a gift voucher

Customer Question

Is a company within their right to refuse a gift voucher after its' expiry date?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I work for a small independant restaurant where we have a 6 month validity on all our purchased gift vouchers.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: We have instances where guests have complained that they can't use a gift voucher they have recieved after it has expired. THis expiry date is printed clearly onthe voucher itself along with its' value and its serial number. The guest have then gone on to complain saying it's illegal not to redeem it although it's a company policy not to.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: Our top Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Is there any reason you think it might not be?

I suppose you don't deny the limits and the breach?