Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice

Can you appeal an eviction if it's been done unlawfully and

Customer Question

Can you appeal an eviction if it's been done unlawfully and who has to sign and seal a warrant for possession of land the chief of the justice or a clerk and are they required to put their name to make it lawful.
JA: I am Pearl, the Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: Can you answer question please
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No the one on the site i will
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Like who
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I done an affidavit was notarised. It was ignored. I was verbally offered the chance to make payment in full as last minute verbal contract. I agreed. Phone call was made and person on phone said no. Can i appeal. Stuff is in property still. If i can where and in what time frame
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi is there any answer to my questions please
Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 months ago.

Good morning. Thank you for thequestion. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I apologise for thedelay.

The warrant doesn’t actually haveto be signed. It simply needs to have the court’s stamp. Withoutthe court’sstamp, it is not valid. The Stamp is a very unofficial looking circular deviceusually.

You can only appeal if you believethat the judge has made an error of law or an error. They are the only grounds.You cannot appeal because you want more time because of anything else. I cantell you that judges dealing with eviction claims are generally veryexperienced and rarely make mistakes. Appeals in respect of this are notcommon. If you tell me what grounds you think you have to appeal on, I canexplain further for you.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. Can I assist you any further with this?