Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

On 27th February 2016 whilst on holiday in***** we were

Customer Question

On 27th February 2016 whilst on holiday in***** we were talked into a signing a contract to join Mtas a internet holiday club and made a payment of £1975.00 by credit card, we are then expected to pay an annual subscription fee of £89 for 9 years. the contract is for 10 years but the first subscription is included in the initial payment. We since feel that this is a scam and since returning home we have tried to contact them by email and phone the phone number eventually goes to a Fax and the email has not be answered. We have tried search on line for the company ***** S*****, A***** *****, *****floor,*****, ***** who sold us the contract, also ***** who it seems the Agreement is with (on behalf of *****). The Credit card receipt is in the name of '*****'.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: We are aware there was a similar enquiry 3 years ago (http://www.justanswer.com/uk-law/7bmuh-6th-november-year-whilst-holiday-lanzarote.html). We tried to cancel it with the credit card company but it was to late to stop payment however they are willing to attempt to investigate and we need to give them more information. We were not advised of any cooling off period.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: Can you help us to understand what our position is.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: regards Pam *****
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What do you specifically wish to know about this case?

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - What do you specifically wish to know about this case?