Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have been charged with Assault by beating, i had a dispute

Customer Question

i have been charged with Assault by beating
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i had a dispute with a neighbour outside my partners house, he came onto her property shouting and swearing, about my van being parked, i asked him what his problem was, he has been awkward with me for the past 20 months, he went back to his house next door so I went to his porch to try and calm the situation he got aggressive and came at me so i put my hands up palms towards him to stop him, he stumbled back and fell and called to his wife to call the police, i left to pick my partner up from friends of ours as I had only come back to pick my dog up, I returned approx 40 mins later when I was arrested
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you mention $45? I am in the UK not the USA
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

Hello I am a UK barrister, what do you want to know about your case?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I believe I acted in self defence, the duty solicitor said ethnically it was an assault ! my intention was to stop this person coming towards me and causing myself or him any injury, unfortunately he has fallen backwards, how do I stand ?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
he claims i pushed him which i did not i merely put my hands up palms towards him in order to avoid a physical fight
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

Are you asking if you are guilty?