Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
13262538

What is the Equivilant of filing a UCC-1 (recording a notice

Customer Question

What is the Equivilant of filing a UCC-1 (recording a notice of a lien) in the United Kingdom??
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also, What is the equivilent office for a Secretary of State for a state/province in the U.K. ?
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

i shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What is it that you are trying to achieve?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What I am trying to acheive is merely to KNOW the equivilent office of a Secretary of State for a province, similar to how in new york there is a Secretary of State for New York / Department of State New York office. I merely want to know the equivilent. I am doing nothing i just am studying. Can you provide me the correct answer or not ?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Other answer is what is the equivilent of a UCC-1 in the UK. I know it is PPSA in australia and Canada...what is it in UK ?
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

There is no direct equivalent in the UK as we are not based on States or provinces in terms of Administration

The most likely equivalent would be to look at a Local Authority - and each of those will have a Chief Executive - who is employed and also a Leader of the Council - who is elected from the members of the largest political group on the council - if it is a City Council they are likely to be called the Mayor - unless it is one of the relatively few places that have a separate elected mayor

There is equally no direct equivalent of a UCC-1

The most likely equivalent there is a Charging Order for land - or a Warrant Of Control form for other property

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
WHERE are the liens in the U.K. publicly recorded? ! ?! ?!?!?!?! Is your answer "they are not?" if they are not, just tell me. But how do you put your lien first in line and get a date that the lien was filed, for priority of claims??? I'm sure U.K. also follows Uniform Commercial Code, it's all over the world. Please give a better answer, for a good rating thank you.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

All Charges on Land are recorded at the Land Registry

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
but everything in commerce is based on Maritime law, i.e. law of the sea which is different than law of the land. You have no Commercial Registry in all of the U.K. ?? Can you show me a copy of the forms that you use to record a lien in the U.K. please ?
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Sorry - are we talking about a ship here?