Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Tomlin order amendment..........is this possible? I amde a

Customer Question

tomlin order amendment..........is this possible? I amde a tomlin agreement with an ex employer rather than go to final high court hearing for restrictive covenent breach. I agreed to pay £150,000 in payments of £10k every other month. I have paid £90,000 so far but am going through a dip in business and a tax bill to be paid and wonder if I can apply to have payments reduced to make them more manageable? I want to pay but am struggling to see how I can meet the payment plan.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I signed the agreement at a time when I was struggling with deppression and anxiety (brought on by the court hearings and stress this all caused) I was and still am under the doctor for this and medication. Is it possible to plea for an amendment on the basis I wasn't well and my judgement wasaffected by this in agreeing to £10k every other month? It's a huge amount of money and I am a sole trader.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 12 months ago.

what have the other side said to you?