Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Can an executor who is purchasing the house make one payment

Customer Question

Can an executor who is purchasing the house make one payment at closure of estate (say £75,000 minus his share as beneficiary) or does he have to put in the full £75,000 at the start and be re-reimbursed for his share of the estate?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My brother and I are co-executors and I feel he should provide the full cost of the house to the estate. He wants to know if he can pay one amount of £75,000 minus his share of the estate. He does not want to provide 100% then to get back his 25%.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

For clarity - your brother wishes to purchase one of the assets of the estate - is that correct?