Buachaill
Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I have bankruptcy hearing. I wish to in full but won't have

Customer Question

I have bankruptcy hearing. I wish to pat in full but won't have the money until two days after the day
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 9 months ago.

1. Dear Antony, if you are able to pay in full, then you are not bankrupt. So, I would suggest you get yourself either a solicitor or an insolvency practitioner who can then liaise with the Insolvency Practitioner who is dealing with your case. Otherwise, if you wish to represent yourself, then it is essential that you contact whoever has been appointed to deal with your case and inform them that you intend to pay in full. Failing that, you should turn up at the insolvency hearing and make clear that you intend to fully discharge your debts and that you are able to pay your creditors in full. In this way you can stave off bankruptcy proceedings. Be aware that bankruptcy is not allowed where the debtor, such as you, are able to pay their debts in full. So, it is important that you prevent bankruptcy being enforced against you. It makes no difference that you will only have the money two days before the hearing, so long as you have the money.

2. Please rate the answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert receives no payment for answering your Question.