Buachaill
Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

There is some unregistered land at the back of my garden

Customer Question

There is some unregistered land at the back of my garden which I am interested in purchasing. I have been trying to track the owner but am having no luck. Any suggestions?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 9 months ago.

1. I would advise you to get a search agent to search the registry of deeds for the owners of the unregistered land. You can either do it yourself directly or you can get a solicitor to act on your behalf and arrange the search. Here is a link to a search agent who will do it on your behalf http://www.1stlocate.co.uk/unregistered_land.php. Be sure to agree a price in advance of getting the work done.

2. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your Question so there is no incentive to answer any further questions.