Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My name is ***** *****.My daughter has received a claim from

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****.My daughter has received a claim from Northampton from a cowboy parking firm that operates the car park where she lives,regarding fines for who knows what.Should I contest jurisdiction?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: They are asking for almost £700 foralleged parking fines back in 2014.They have not listed anything else in particulars of claim
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

Hello what do you mean by contesting jurisdiction?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There is a section on the claim form where it says you can contest the jurisdiction of the court.
Presumably this means it could be transferred somewhere else,or it could call the validity of this claim(which is a joke) into question?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This claim has no photographic evidence of illegal parking being alluded to,and my daughter is a resident where they appear to saying the "offences" took place.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

Did she park without paying?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What a con.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

Ok.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I hope you don't expect money for this bullshit
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

Ok. Good luck.