Alex J.
Alex J., Litigator
Experience:  LLB, LPC, DELF
13113900

I live in the united states and i have a credit repair

Customer Question

hi i live in the united states and i have a credit repair businessand i will like to open the same in the uk i understand that their different laws for consumer protection in the uk then the us do you know where i can look that up or you can look it up for me and i will pay you for your time
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: hi i live in the united states and i have a credit repair businessand i will like to open the same in the uk i understand that their different laws for consumer protection in the uk then the us do you know where i can look that up or you can look it up for me and i will pay you for your time
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. There are two points you have to consider here:

- In England and Wales all Consumer Credit Agreements are governed by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (unless exempt)

www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/contents

​- Certain activities are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority by virtue of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 - including business that give financial advice or sell consumer credit products

www.fca.org.uk/

​What specifically would you like to know?

Kind regards

AJ