JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

Small club - ltd co. Committee has dismissed three standing

Customer Question

Small club - ltd co. Committee has dismissed three long standing members without prior consultation. Members called EGM requesting reinstatement, but chairman refused to answer questions or allow a vote. Members want to go for vote of no confidence. Do they need to include demand that committee resign in the same resolution ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Members want to get rid of the Committee and reinstate the (three) dismissed members. Is vote of no confidence enough ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.

A vote of no confidence in company law terms is a resolution to the effect that the members have no confidence in the board and that the board should resign. So, yes, the resolution shouod demand the resignation of the persons concerns an should name them. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.