Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

My sons contact with s father has been supervised by

Customer Question

My sons contact with his father has been supervised by childrens services since he was 3 due to father placed on sex offender register twice consecutively. Son 16 in august this year. Want to apply for extension to order made in march 2014, when father applied for unsupervised contact but was denied. Father has Autistic Spectrum Disorder, son has Aspergers, ADHD,Tourettes and Oppositional Defiant Disorder. Do i fill in a C100 or a C2 due to previous proceedings? Do i need to do a parenting plan if applying on a C100 ? Mediation never been suitable and 2014 supervised contact order still in place,although divorced in 2005 have not communicated since all proceedings first started in 2003 except occasional note via supervisor. Can i apply to my local court or do i have to lodge application at high court, where all previous hearings were heard in high court?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 10 months ago.

Let me see if I can and please rate positive

What are the LA proposing to do about contact post 16? Is the view that the child is a vulnerable adult? I get the sense from what you have written that this is your position.

I should point out that there are very good books for laypeople in this area of law on Amazon for about a tenner - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

I hope this my answer helps - please can you rate positive for me. Thanks

Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I have been a family lawyer for more than 30 years.

Since this is a new applictaion you will need to use a form C100 - and yes you should issue it in the High Court.

You are asking for the current Order to be extended past the usual end date of the child's 16th birthday based on the fact that his position is exceptional.

Clare

I see that my colleague has agreed with my view on this. If you have any further questions then please advise

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you