Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

False imprisonment - difficulties in proving
, A

Customer Question

false imprisonment - difficulties in proving
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: A neighbour came into my house two months ago and assaulted me for around 15 - 20 minutes, forcing me into the kitchen, not letting me leave, threatening to kill me, striking me across the face repeatedly. But though there is psychological damage, there was no significant physical injury - the purpose was humiliation. What will be the difficulties in obtaining a conviction ? I should add that the whole thing is on tape, although audio only.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

How did he come to strike you repeatedly without leaving injury?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was wearing a very heavy coat on my body and most of the strikes were "slaps" to the face, although that word is extremely pejorative.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He's actually also been charged with ABH, but i"m really asking about the false imprisonment charge - could you address that one? Ta.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Well, that is really an issue for the Crown.

All you do is give your evidence truthfully. Truthful witnesses don't really have to worry about anything else.

Nobody can discuss your evidence with you if you are a Crown witness as that offends against professional rules and also isn't very helpful from the point of view of the prosecution.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If you can't advise can you please make sure my money is refunded. Thanks.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Nobody can advise a witness in a live case.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Its not a complaint. You can't advise? I'm not arguing, I just need you refund my money. All Best.