Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I was made bankrupt 3 years ago because a business partner

Customer Question

I was made bankrupt 3 years ago because a business partner helped himself to the company moneys. It was all my savings in the business and the company was put into liquidation and the premises we rented, but which I personally signed the lease for, was what caused my bankruptcy.
However early on in the business, this partner borrowed £20K from me as a personal loan.
With all my problems I took to him to court and I now have a CCJ against him. He has not paid me a penny and I am now in financial distress. The CCJ with added interest is now approximately £40K. I desperately need money to live on so my question to you is how can
I get the money out of this guy, he is living OK as far as I know, but I and my wife are having extreme difficulty paying the bills and just living.
The question is therefore how can I get him to pay?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive

The key question is of course does he have any assets?