Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Am a member of a private club and I've discovered that the

Customer Question

Am a member of a private club and I've discovered that the Chairman and possibly 1 / 2 Council members have pursued a clubhouse development contract without following the Club's documented financial protocols which require an open tender, they've sought 3 quotes instead. I believe they've effectively been acting ultra-vires and I wonder what legal means of remedy do I have to ensure they adhere to the corrcet protoccols?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: For items exceeding £10,000 in value Council is required to seek an open tender via a formal process. instead they sought three 'quotes' and subsequently altered the financial protocols to include a new category of "major projects" whereby they could do what they want and just seek three quotes enablinng them to withhold information from the membership
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Is the private club a limited company? Does it have a written constitution? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it is a Ltd Company and it does have a written constitution
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Thank you. Does it have Table A articles? is this rule written in the articles of association?