Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My father died on Sunday. s appointed executor is the

Customer Question

Customer: Hello. My father died on Sunday. His appointed executor is the common-law partner of my younger sister. Because of prior record I do not trust him. I am trying to find out if there is any way a beneficiary can force an independent audit of their activities as executor.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The man is financially very knowledgeable, but I regard him as slippery and unreliable. My siblings are currently willing to let him perform his appointed role as executor but I have serious suspicions. If I allow things to proceed (i.e. do not lodge a caveat) I want to know that his activities can be audited.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry for you loss.

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

For clarity - are you aware of any specific financial misdealings by this man?