Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

Both myself and my partner live in houses that we have joint

Customer Question

Both myself and my partner live in houses that we have joint mortgages with our exes. We are neither looking at selling properties and neither of our exes want any interest in the properties but we both want to close those chapters in our lives and get something legal in place to say our exes relinquish themselves of any interest in either of the propertiea
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive

When you say exes where you married?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neither of us were married to our exes! If we had been in may have been clearer and easier to deal with

In fact not being married does actually make it a lot easier. You need a drafted a couple of deeds of trust which will set out the ownership of the properties. It is a very straight forward document which would cost about £100-£150 plus VAT and would basically set out the ownership of the properties and would be resilient in law. Happy to discuss further but please rate positive. Thanks

I hope this answers your question - can you please rate positive. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A draft deeds of trust that then needs to be witnessed by a solicitor??
Please check your sentences as the answer you sent me really wasn't written in very good English!

My apologises. The deed of trust does not need to be witnessed by a solicitor, but it should be witnessed (ideally somebody independent). Happy to discuss but please rate positive. Thanks

I hope this helps but can you please rate positive. Thanks