Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I received a conditional discharge common assualt charge

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is***** received a conditional discharge for a common assualt charge nearly 3 years ago in the UK, I am an Australian national. I am looking to have this matter expunged.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I wish to have the charges expunged from the record. No conviction was recorded and I was given conditional discharge for the matter (excessive self defence), I had to not reoffend for a year and pay the prosecutions costs. From my reading of UK law I can have the matter expunged upon 3 years of the matter being concluded.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as the matter is a conditional discharge, can I have the matter expunged? Can Australian law enforcement or government agencies see this matter if it has been expunged? I require licensing for the industry I work in and a license I need to apply for has an international criminal background check.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi. What do you mean by expunged? You mean removed from DBS?