Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I have bought on line,( through their web site) a set of

Customer Question

Dear Sir or Madam,
I have bought on line,( through their web site) a set of sofa from a company call Leather Sofa world fin May 2011. These sofas was sold as being leather. I have even bought with that a Leather Care kit.
The problem is after less a year of normal use, the skin started to pile off until I have to cover the seats with large fabric to hide that.
I have got in touch with the company by numerous pho calls, emails and writing, but never got a reply from them. What can I do or is it too late. Thank you.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 10 months ago.

Let me see if I can help. Please remember to rate positive.

I am really afraid that you have left it too late. It is completely correct that items such as this should be as sold. This is what the law very clearly says. But where it is not as described you really have to do something at the time and the Court is quite clear that keeping an item such as this for almost 5 years is simply too long. I am sorry but you will not now be able to get any recompense through the courts. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive for the service - thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dear *****,I did not wait for 5 for, I have acted just under a year after acquiring the sofas, but the company did nothing but chose to ignore all my request.

That's really helpful, but from the court's perspective they would expect immediate rejection and court proceedings soon thereafter. Happy to discuss but please rate positive

what was its value?