Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My name is ***** ***** from Australia. We seem to have won a

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** from Australia. We seem to have won a prize in a Hong Kong . The company is saying we need to obtain a letter of authorisation and pay 4.5% of the prize. the whyole thing looks a lot like a scam but the companies involved appear to be legit?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well my wife purchased a computer recently and the Brand company appears to be a sponsor of thecompetition as their name is ***** ***** ticket. The primary sponsor originally rtefused to honor the prise as we are not one of their clients and they are saying we were issued the ticket in error. They have since agreed to honour the prise but will not until we pay the fee for the letter of authorisation. The trouble is we have been advised that this closely follows many scams coming from Hong Kong but as there are 5 legit companies listed on the ticket???
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $45) to post your type of question to UK Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.

Hello can you please provide more details of the companies involved and details you have been given to contact them etc

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - can you please provide more details of the companies involved and details you have been given to contact them etc