Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

My mother's garden backs onto a golf course. They planted

Customer Question

Hi
My mother's garden backs onto a golf course. They planted trees along the boundary and, since then, my mother's garden frequently floods - I think they have blocked her land drains and also won't ensure the ditch running behind all the houses here is maintained. They say that it's not their responsibility?!!
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

It will be there responsibility if your mother can show that these trees are causing flooding to her property. What she will need to do is obtain a surveyor to prepare a report showing the cause of the flooding. This is key and she may well wish to advise the golf course that she proposes to do this - this would put them on notice that she is taking this seriously. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive

I hope that this helps. Can you please rate positive. Thanks