Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

My mother's garden backs onto a golf course. They planted

Customer Question

Hi
My mother's garden backs onto a golf course. They planted trees along the boundary and, since then, my mother's garden frequently floods - I think they have blocked her land drains and also won't ensure the ditch running behind all the houses here is maintained. They say that it's not their responsibility?!!
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 11 months ago.

It will be there responsibility if your mother can show that these trees are causing flooding to her property. What she will need to do is obtain a surveyor to prepare a report showing the cause of the flooding. This is key and she may well wish to advise the golf course that she proposes to do this - this would put them on notice that she is taking this seriously. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive

I hope that this helps. Can you please rate positive. Thanks